Shimla-Kufri-Narkanda-Rampur-Kacrhham Dam-Sangla-Chitkul-Apple Orchards-Kamru Fort-Reckongpeo-Kothi Maata Temple-Kalpa-Chini Village-Suicide Point-Roghi Village
Welcome to the Shimla Sangla Chitkul Kalpa Taxi Tour From Shimla!
On this 6days/5 nights taxi tour, you would be going through the amazing hill sites in Kinnaur. Being known for their offbeat tranquility, Sangla, Chitkul and Kalpa are the sought-after destinations in Kinnaur valley.
Both, Sangla and Chitkul nestle on the bank of River Baspa, where you can stay in a camp at night to have an exhilarating experience. At sunrise, the blue shimmering water flowing in the river would mesmerize you to the core.
After exploration of Sangla and Chitkul, Kalpa would be the next stop on the taxi tour from Shimla. On the way, we will provide a stopover at Reckong Peo, where you can shop for Kinnauri souvenirs for your friends and family. Apples, apricots and chilgoze (a type of dry fruit) would be the best takeaways from the market.
Roghi and Kothi village near Kalpa, are the other two impressive hamlets which would be explored during the taxi package tour.
For more insights about the – Shimla Sangla Chitkul Kalpa Taxi Package From Shimla – have a look at the itinerary below.
Day 01:~ Shimla - Sarahan (175 Kms 6-7 hrs)
- Start the 1st day with a fantastic drive to Sarhan from Shimla.
- The driver would drive from the Shimla airport/railway station to the destination.
- On the way, many attractive tourists places would come where stoppages will be provided - Fagu, Theog, Matiana and Narkanda
- Climb on the Hattu Peak in Narkanda and visit the Hattu temple enshrined at the top of the peak.
- On reaching Sarahan, check into the hotel and rest for the night peacefully in the hotel room.
Day 02:~ Sarahan - Sangla 2,680 meters / 8,792 feet, (90 Kms / 4-5 hrs)
- On the 2nd day of the taxi package, you would be going to the 1st destination in Kinnaur, Sangla.
- But before leaving for Sangla, you will be visiting the Bheemakali temple.
- On the route to Sangla, We will provide a stopover at Kharcham Dam, which lies in between Kharcham and Wangtoo village
- Have lunch in either of the villages before heading back to the road.
- Since you will be reaching Sangla by afternoon, still half-day would be left to explore the village.
- Hence, you would be going to Kamru Fort which overlooks verdant orchard gardens of apples and apricot with a view of snow-capped mountain ranges in the background.
- Apart from the fort, you will also visit the Bering Nag temple and Sangla Buddhist temple.
- Rest at night at your stay in Sangla, which could be a campsite near the Baspa River.
Day 03:~ Sangla to Chitkul (3,450 metres / 11,318 feet) and back to Sangla.
- On the 3rd day of the Kinnaur taxi tour, you will visit the last inhabited village of India, Chitkul
- Before Chitkul, we will take you to another quaint village on the way from Sangla and Chitkul. Rachkam village is the name of the village.
- You would be hypnotized by the magnificent beauty of Chitkul providing a clear view of the Mt Kinnaur Kailash.
- After that, we recommend visiting Batseri village, which is not so far from Chitkul.
- By evening come back to Sangla and rest with surreal memories of the day's explorings.
Day 04:~ Sangla to Kalpa (41 km/ 2-3 hrs)
- The next morning of the taxi service package, after having breakfast you will proceed to Kalpa.
- On the way to Kalpa, we will halt at Reckong Peo, where you can shop in the market for apples and apricots, and enjoy delicious Tibetan cuisine at a restaurant.
- After reaching Kalpa town, check into the hotel and enjoy the town offering the grand beauty of Mt. Kinnaur Kailash (visible from all the places in Kalpa)
Day 05:~ Kalpa Local Sightseeing
- Today is going to be a magnificent day on the Kalpa tour exploration.
- The Kalpa Suicide Point would be the 1st place to visit, which would be reached via a narrow trail having trenches in between. This place proffers the most beautiful view of the valley at sunrise.
- The next would be Roghi and Kothi villages, which are another two most beautiful places near Kalpa. You may also opt for hiking the villages as the way goes through forests of pine and deodar trees.
- Spend the night in Kalpa with peaceful experiences of the day.
Day 06:~ Transfer From Kalpa to Shimla (245 km, 8-9 hrs)
- On the last day of the taxi service tour, you will be driven to Shimla.
- On the way, we will stop at Pooh for another blithesome experience.
- Moreover, you can visit places in Shimla like Mall road, Scandal point, Sankat Mochan Temple, Kali Bari temple, etc. before leaving for your home.