Shimla-Kufri-Shilaru Hockey Stadium-Narkanda-Kumarsain-Rampur-Sangla-Chitkul-Kalpa-Reckongpeo-Pooh-Nako-Tabo-Kaza-Kibber-Chicham Bridge-Komic-Hikkim-Kunzam Top-Chandratal Lake-Rohtang Pass- Manali
How about a Spiti Valley Taxi Tour From Delhi, where you could go into the magical hill sites of Himachal Pradesh?
It is the most unique tour package of Himachal Pradesh as the places included in the taxi package would uncover the mysterious beauty of the Kinnaur and Spiti regions. Both of the hill stations are scarcely populated lacking in modern amenities in profusion, unlike the cities jostled with comforts.
Yet, it reconnects you with the signals of nature that have been dormant since joining the daily rat-race of work to office and vice versa.
The two hill stations nestle close to the border of Tibet, due to which the cross-border culture had penetrated into the lands. The colossal monasteries built during the bygone times are the standing resemblance of the Tibetan culture pervading in Kinnaur and Spiti.
What astounds the most is the unbelievable contrast between the valleys. Kinnaur bears the most fertile soil conducive to the growth of premium apples and apricots. But Spiti falls on the other side of the hedge, having scarce vegetation.
The above is just one factor that makes this Spiti Valley Tour Package From Delhi special. There are many inquisitive and enthralling features that you will discover on the taxi trip. The itinerary will provide an insight.
Day 1: Delhi-Shimla(370 Kms 7-8 hours)
- The taxi tour starts from Delhi airport/railway station taking you all the way to Shimla via Chandigarh, Parwanoo & Solan.
- To make the way more exciting and interesting, we have included few halts at famous tourist spots - Pinjore gardens & Mansa Devi Temple in Chandigarh, and Timber Trail resort in Parwanoo
- Apart from the above, regular journey intermissions would be provided for lunch, tea, freshen-up and photo-clicking.
- On reaching the destination, Shimla, check into the hotel before going for a lazy walk on the Mall road
Day 02: Transfer From Shimla to Sangla Valley (225 Kms. 07-08 Hrs.)
- The real journey to the amazing hill sites starts today after you check out from the hotel in Shimla.
- Today, you will be driving towards Sangla.
- The journey would be facilitated with halts at Fagu, Theog, Matiana ,Rampur and Sarahan
- The halts at the serene hamlets and towns would make the journey much pleasing and worthy.
- Moreover, at Kharcham Dam, another pause would be provided to have a look at the marvel of indigenous engineering.
- You can have lunch at Wangtoo Village near the dam.
- Once Sangla is reached, check into the hotel and rest for the night.
Day 03: Local Sightseeing of Chitkul Sangla Valley
- Morning would be glorified by the sun rays coming through the unpolluted atmosphere. Breakfast and tea under the sunshine in a lawn would be the best start for the day.
- But, that’s just the beginning. Sangla and Chitkul exploration would enthrall you much more today.
- Start uncovering the location with Kamru Fort in Kamru Village that is surrounded by the most beautiful view of overlooking apple orchards with mountains crested with snow at the backdrop.
- After that, we will take you to India’s last village, Chitkul.
- The titanic Radlang ranges surge the beauty of the village. In the distance, you could also see the holy mountain Mt Kinnaur Kailash.
- Chitkul is the last inhabitant village of India and does not have a market to shop for apples and handicrafts (the specialty of Kinnaur). For that, you can hike to Batseri Village.
- Return to the stay in Sangla for on overnight stay.
Day 04:~ Sangla to Kalpa (40 km, 2-3 hrs)
- On the 4th day of the taxi tour, it is time to explore another location in the Kinnaur valley.
- Check-out from the hotel in Sangla, and drive towards Kalpa.
- We recommend staying at Reckong Peo, as it is the district headquarter of Kinnaur having all the amenities- petrol Pumps, ATMs, hotels, and markets.
- Once you reach Kalpa, you would be greeted by the majestic and holy Mt Kinnaur Kailash.
- For the venture part, visit the famous Kalpa Suicide Point.
- Additionalyy, you can hike to two picturesque hamlets near Kalpa, Roghi and Kothi
- Stay comfortably at night after a memorable day trip.
Day 05:~ Kalpa-Nako-Tabo to Kaza (200 kms, 9-10 hrs).
- In the morning, let us take you to the famous Suicide Point in Kalpa before heading to Kaza.
- On the route to Kaza, we will provide 4 stops at Nako village, Gue Village, Tabo village and Dhankar Village for you to admire in the beauty of the village sites.
- More fascinatingly, the Gue Village has a 500 year old monk’s mummy preserved in a gompa.
- The Tabo village is the one where the oldest monastery of the Spiti region was built centuries of years ago.
- We need to spare time to visit Dhankar Village on the way to Kaza
- Reach Kaza in the late evening and take a rest for the night.
Day 06:~ Sightseeing around Kaza (5-6 hrs)
- On the 5th day, we would be covering the flabbergasting places in Kaza.
- Visit 1st Komik village and Hikkim on the day tour.
- After that visit the renowned Key monastery, where, is asked, a monk could tell you folklores of the shrines.
- Then go to Hikkim, and see the highest post office of India.
- The above would be trailed by visiting the highest Asia’s human-made bridge that links Chicham village to Kibber, the Chicham Bridge.
- Langza would be the last place to visit today.
- After a pleasant exploration of Kaza, come back to the hotel in the evening to have a soothing night's sleep.
Day 07:~ Kaza to Chandratal Lake (114km, 7 hrs)
- To reach Chandratal, you will be passing the Kunzum Pass and then reach Batal from where a mountain specific car (usually 4 wheeled driven) would take you to the lake.
- On the way to the Lake, a stopover at Lossar would be provided.
- The treacherous trail to the lake has to be covered by mountain specific vehicles driven by experienced riders.
- It won’t be surprising to believe if you would think that this is a paradise of the earth. The gorgeous turquoise-colored water of the lake would look like that someone had painted it deliberately so.
- The lake is embraced by the lofty snow-capped mountain peaks, which heave the beauty at the backdrop.
- You would be staying for the night at a campsite underneath the stars.
Day 08:~Chandratal to Manali (130 kms, 08 hrs)
- It would be your second last day of the Spiti valley tour package from Delhi.
- After having a morning meal near the camp site, drive towards Manali.
- You would be crossing Rohtang Pass on the route.
- Be startled by how the environment suddenly changes as you enter Kullu valley
- You will reach Manali by evening.
- Evening would be free to visit Mall road, Clubhouse Manali and Tibetan Market
Day 09: Manali-Delhi (14 hrs, 550 km)
- After breakfast, drive towards Delhi via Kullu
- Have stopovers while passing the Kullu valley at Hanogi Devi temple and Pandoh Dam.
- Arrive in Delhi by late evening. The Spiti valley taxi tour from Delhi ends here.