Shimla-Narkanda-Sangla-Chitkul-Kalpa-Nako-Tabo-Kaza-Chicham Bridge-Kibber-Lossar-Chandratal Lake-Gramphu-Keylong-Udaipur-Trilokinath Temple-Rohtang Pass-Manali
12 days long is this Kinnaur Spiti Taxi Tour From Chandigarh.
Starting from Chandigarh and ending there only, while traversing through the ethereal hill sites of Kinnaur and Spiti.
Both the hill stations contrast starkly to each other. On one hand, Kinnaur is highly fertile making it the best producer of apples and apricots in India. On the other hand, Spiti’s cold desert has little sprinkles of vegetation here and there.
Each of the hill sites emanates its own whiff of marvel. What is common among the two is the tranquility of the Himalayan Ranges and the perfusion of Buddhist culture. And of course, the humility among the inhabitants of the regions.
Away from the hubbub of the rat race, where time seems to get still as you stare at the Mt. Kinnaur Kailash while sipping a salted tea in an evening; Reaching Chandratal Lake and getting awestruck by its grandiosity – There would be many memorable moments on the taxi tour for you.
Thus, this Kinnaur Spiti Tour from Chandigarh is apt for the peace seekers as well as for the adventure seekers who want to have a break from the bustling lifestyle and cheer themselves with calmness and thrill residing in these regions.
Day 01: ~ Transfer From Chandigarh to Narkanda (175 kms, 7 hrs)
- The journey starts once our driver receives you at the Chandigarh airport/railway station.
- Stopovers would be provided at a few tourist places on the way: Pinjore gardens & Mansa Devi Temple in Chandigarh, and Timber Trail resort in Parwanoo
- Shimla would give splendid views of the Shivalik ranges while traversing to Narkanda.
- If you reach before evening, then after checking into the hotel, you may go for the exploration of Narkanda, which includes visiting Hattu peak and Hattu temple.
- At night have a tight sleep to invigorate for the next day tour.
Day 02: ~ Transfer From Narkanda to Sangla (165 kms, 7 hrs)
- On the 2nd day of the tour, check out from the hotel and the driver will drive you to Sangla.
- As you would be passing Sarhan on the way, we will stop at a few tourist attractions there - Bheemakali temple, Hawa Mahal and Cricket Ground.
- Moreover, at Kharcham Dam, a halt would be provided to have a look at the marvel of engineering.
- Plus, you can have lunch at Wangtoo Village near the dam.
- After touring through various places on the way, you would reach Sangla in the evening.
- Take a rest for the night at the hotel to invigorate yourself for the next day's sightseeing.
Day 03: ~ Local Sightseeing of Chitkul Sangla Valley
- After having a delicious morning meal with salted Kinnauri chai, we will take you out to explore Sangla and Chitkul.
- Visit the Kamru village and Kamru fort, which overlooks the lush apple and apricot orchards.
- The village is located at the right bank of the river Baspa, where you could sit to watch the dance of the flowing stream along with majestic Radlang peaks at the backdrop.
- After that, you would be going to the quirky hamlet, Chitkul where the mobile signals may die off.
- After exploring Chitkul, you may go to Batseri Village and buy Kinnauri handicraft items as souvenirs to take along.
- Come back in the evening to the hotel to take a rest.
Day 04: ~ Sangla to Kalpa Local Sightseeing (40 kms, 2-3 hrs)
- On the 4th day, it is time to venture to another location in the Kinnaur valley.
- After checking out from the hotel in Sangla, drive towards Kalpa.
- We recommend staying at Reckong Peo, for it being the district headquarter of Kinnaur that has all the amenities- ATMs, hotels, petrol Pumps and markets.
- As you reach Kalpa, you would be welcomed by the majestic and holy Mt Kinnaur Kailash, where the monolithic Shiva-ling is placed.
- For the adventure part, visit the famous Kalpa Suicide Point.
- Moreover, you can hike to two quaint hamlets near Kalpa, Roghi and Kothi
- Stay comfortably at night after a memorable day trip.
Day 05:~ Kalpa to Tabo (160 Kms, 9 hrs)
- Get ready for a long and worthy drive to Tabo that has the oldest monastery of the Spiti region.
- On the route, we will provide stops at Pooh and Nako village, for you to submerge in the beauty of the village sites.
- More interestingly, we would also stop at Gue Village that has a 500 year old monk’s mummy in a monastery.
- On reaching Tabo, check into the booked stay and rest for the night as the next day you would be visiting the Tabo monastery and proceeding towards Kaza
Day 06:~ Tabo to Kaza (49 kms, 2 hrs)
- After visiting the famous Tabo monastery, steer towards Kaza.
- Although the drive is not so long, yet it will take some time to reach Kaza as we would be stopping at Dhankar Village for a while on the way.
- Dhankar monastery is precariously placed between the offshoots of a cliff and seems to be falling into the gorge anytime. Yet it is standing tall and sturdy for hundreds of years.
- After having lunch at Dhankar Village proceed to Kaza.
- After checking in the hotel, if time is still left, then you may go to Key Monastery and Kibber village.
Day 07: ~ Sightseeing around Kaza (5-6 hrs)
- Today, we would be covering the remaining amazing places in Kaza.
- Visit Kee Monastery,Komik Village and Hikkim Village on today’s tour.
- The above would be followed by visiting the highest Asia’s human-made bridge that links Chicham village to Kibber, the Chicham Bridge.
- Langza would be the next and last place to visit today.
- After an enchanting exploration of Kaza, come back to the hotel in the evening to have a restful night's sleep.
Day 08: ~ Kaza to Chandratal Lake (130 kms, 6-7 hrs)
- To reach Chandratal, we will have to pass the Kunzum Pass and reach Batal from where a special car (usually 4 wheeled driven) would take you to the lake.
- Before reaching Chandratal, a stopover at Lossar would be provided.
- The treacherous path to the lake has to be covered by the special vehicles driven by experienced drivers.
- It won’t be hard to believe if you would think that this is heaven on earth. The beautiful turquoise-colored water of the lake would look like that someone had painted it deliberately so.
- The lake is encompassed by the lofty snow-capped mountain peaks, which surge the beauty at the backdrop.
- You would be staying tonight at a campsite underneath the stars.
Day 09: ~ Chandratal Lake To Keylong (90 km, 5-6 hrs)
- After having a healthy brunch near the campsite, drive towards Keylong Via Gramphu,Koksar,Sissu.
- Reach Keylong in the evening and rest at the stay there for the night.
Day 10: ~ Keylong Local sightseeing
- It is going to be an exciting day as we would take you to explore Keylong.
- The places that would be visited are: Kardang Monastery, Shaspur Monastery, Tayul Monastery,Zero Point, Udaipur and Trilokinath Temple
- The night is booked for the dreams of the day long trip.
Day 11: ~ Keylong to Manali (70 kms, 3-4 hrs)
- Leave the hotel premises early in the morning.
- We would hold on the way for you to have breakfast.
- A long halt would be provided at Rohtang Pass.
- Enjoy the snow and activities like snowboarding, skiing and sledding there.
- Reach Manali in the evening and check into the hotel before going for a stroll in the city.
- Rest at night in the hotel room.
Day 12: ~ Manali to Chandigarh (310 km, 09-10 hrs).
- After breakfast, drive towards Chandigarh via Kullu
- Have stopovers at Hanogi devi temple and Pandoh Dam.
- Arrive in Chandigarh by evening. The Kinnaur Spiti Valley tour from Chandigarh ends here.